Little Explorers Autumn 2020
Little Explorers is back! We are thrilled to be able to start offering our preschool sessions at Poverest Park once more. However, due to the ongoing risks associated with Covid-19 we have made a few changes to our set up.
Sessions will be pre-booked only. Please do not come unless you are booked in. This is to avoid overcrowding.
This term we are taking bookings for a block of 4 sessions at a time:
- Monday 5th October
- Monday 19th October
- Monday 2nd November
- Monday 9th November
The cost will be £36 per child for all four sessions, payable in advance to secure your place. Only one accompanying adult is permitted per child.
By pre-booking the sessions we aim to ensure that:
- We keep the numbers of children and adults strictly limited to help maintain social distancing
- We have your contact information in case we need to inform you of an infection report or have to cancel at short notice
- Activities and equipment can be prepared in advance
Please read the following information carefully:
- Adults are required to wear face coverings (unless exempt).
- You MUST NOT attend if you or your child are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms. As a precaution temperature checks will be carried out at the start of each session.
- Refunds will be given if sessions have to be cancelled e.g. due to Covid-19, or extreme weather (high winds/thunderstorms).
- Sessions WILL go ahead if it's raining so please make sure you and your child dress appropriately. It is wise to layer up. Waterproof jackets and boots are essential, and waterproof trousers or puddle suits can be useful even if it is not wet, as children like to sit on the ground. We strongly recommend wearing long sleeves and trousers in all weathers to avoid scratches and biting insects.
- Toilets and handwashing facilities are available in the football pavilion. We will also provide extra handwashing facilities and hand sanitiser in the woods.
If you are happy with the above and would like to enquire about booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Autumn is my favourite time to be out in the woods, with the leaves changing colour and lots of interesting things to find. Your child will have a chance to take part in the following:
- exploring the woods
- minibeast hunting
- mud play
- creating natural art
- climbing and balancing on obstacles
- painting, play dough and crafts
- using simple tools
- experiencing the changing seasons
- learning to enjoy and protect nature
Little Explorers takes place in Covet Woods, Poverest Park, Orpington.
Poverest Park is a short walk from Orpington town centre. The nearest
bus stop is Perry Hall School (stop P, route 61) and the free car park is
accessed via Footbury Hill Rd, Orpington BR6 0HP.
Our meeting point is the fallen tree on the far
side of the football pitch, opposite the blue football pavilion.
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com.
We can't wait to get exploring with you again soon!